Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taiwan and Hong Kong: some pictures

I have too many pictures to play with right now, so here are a few from the past few weeks.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.  Let me know if you have any questions!  I'll be happy to entertain them.

TAIWAN

Kenting: southern Taiwan.  We went on an off roading expedition.  


Kenting at night.


Hualien: we were on a paddle boat with a penguin as our captain.


Temple: Chijing Island, Kaohsiung.  Saw this on our bike ride around the island.


Kaohsiung.

View from the Love River, Kaohsiung.


Love River, Kaohsiung.  


Chijing Island, Kaohsiung.


"85" - tallest building in Kaohsiung.


Night show at Hualien.




Beach side at Hualien.


The mountain side of Hualien.



HONG KONG

Water side of Kowloon.  Olympic decorations were up.



Hong Kong Island.


Bank of China Tower, Hong Kong Island


View of Hong Kong Island from Kowloon, HK.



The Peak, Hong Kong Island.


5 comments:

Aric said...

Whud duh hell?

No pictures of penguin captain? Com'on!

SIM said...

Man those shots of Hong Kong are breath taking. It seriously looks like a more colorful and vibrant Gotham.

SIM said...

Also do you have a hi res version of the night pics, I would love to do some copyright infringement and jack one as a wall paper. Yoink!

John Lu said...

No problem Steve. You will have to wait, these images were quickly posted, so I will have better ones later. I have thousands of pictures just from Taiwan and Hong Kong alone. It will take a while to post. Next week...Japan!!!

Alfonso said...

A little late with the pic viewing, but man, those are amazing pictures. John I wish I was in your shoes.