Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 1 -2 Safe Arrival

Hi friends!  I'm glad to say I made it to Taiwan safely and have adjusted to the time zone quickly.  My flight was about 11 hours, arriving 40 minutes earlier than expected.  During the flight, I had two meals, my own personal TV screen, on demand TV and movies.  Pretty impressive for flying economy class.  

I arrived at 5:00am (Taiwan time) and went straight to Michelle's (my host) college.  I got a grand tour and also attended a class that was learning English.  It was sunny and hot, without the high humidity I experienced before.  

The second day involved an all you can eat buffet with some of Michelle's classmates.  A particular guest left a huge impression on me.  I seriously have not seen someone eat so much.  And the interesting part is she's a thin girl.  And I mean she ate ALOT.  As always, it was fun to meet people and communicate through a mix of broken English and Mandarin.  It's amazing how much we have in common despite having different histories.  

So far, it seems like my trip will be very personal involving locals and friends.  I look forward to sharing these moments with you!  
Airport: wasn't expecting things to be that different here...

Furniture store

Damaged scooter outside of Fu Jen campus

All you can eat...including beer/wine/champagne

Eric (my brother) and Michelle heading towards a market in Wulai

3 comments:

REV0R said...

Glad to hear you landed safely and that the trip had some entertainment for you. Your plate of all you can eat food looks about 1,000% better than what we had, I'm jealous.

John Lu said...

I forgot to mention there was all you can drink free beer, wine and champagne, so you can imagine I was there for quite a while!

UAL Fda Fashion Make-up...JoJoJoJo celyn said...

John,I just realized that's not the pumkin!!So what's that big orange head then???Gotta figure it out!lol

x