Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 2: San Jose

I slept well considering I was away from my own bed. Waking up to cute animals always brings cheer into my morning.


Today was a relaxing day spent in San Jose. I didn't want to drive far, so I went to the Valley Fair, which is a very large mall which had Louis Vuitton and Juicy Couture in addition to many stores we've seen before. Across the street was Santana Row, a high class, outdoor shopping area. You know things are expensive here when someone parks there Ferrari 360 Modena outside a hotel. Not to mention the cars that dealers put on sidewalks here are not Honda's or Chryslers. Instead, they're 200k+ Bentley and 145k+ Aston Martins. And I haven't even hit southern Cali yet!

Coincidently, right across the street is the well known Winchester Mansion. I've always wanted to see it and I finally got the chance. I learned that the designer and owner, Miss Winchester, is a crazier person than I thought. The tour guide did a great job informing of us the history of the house.

Just remember to go to school, be happy and don't let the ghosts or lost souls get to you. If you had as much money as she did, I hope you'd spend it more wisely. The most interesting part of the tour was wondering why she made these decisions.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds so fun, wish I can be there, enjoy you trip,
the cat is beautiful. nice company.
Yodamom

ECL said...

the winchester mansion looks so awesome, i want to see all of the pictures! nice to see that cat too, he woke up next to you?

REV0R said...

man, that mansion is crazy! I know someone who went on a midnight tour of it for Halloween, I think it was a flashlight tour at that. Did you get to see the crazy staircase going to nowhere and such? crazy, part of the reason why I'm positive I should never be a millionaire.

John Lu said...

The mansion is pretty sweet. I have tons of pictures which I'll put up sometime. I heard about the flashlight tour. I think it would be way more fun to do that! It didn't feel haunted when I went during the day...just really crazy.

I usually wake up and see the cat somewhere. I take pictures of him every morning =D