Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 12: Beaches

Today was my beach day. On the way to the beaches, I decided to have lunch at a fast food joint. But not just any fast food joint. The oldest, operating McDonald's in the world is located in Downey, CA, just west of Chino Hills. The food tastes like all other McDonald's, but the building is classic, complete with the old Speedee mascot.


Further west of Downey is the coast. I decided to spend my time at Venice Beach, an eccentric and large beach full of vendors and street entertainment. People were surfing, helicopters flew by every 10 minutes and lifeguards did their jobs. This is probably one of the most active beaches around. It's also famous for its outdoor gym, right on the beach. Go Muscle Beach!




Just a few miles north of Venice Beach is Santa Monica. The beach here is much more relaxing, although still busy. This beach makes me want to bring a bicycle wherever I go. The pier is constantly full of visitors. There is a roller coaster and ferris wheel. This beach is also great for outdoor exercise.

5 comments:

ECL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ECL said...

Looks really beautiful there. The perfect place to be! It's so much more active there and rich with culture. I miss California so much.

CC soon!!!! Horray!

Unknown said...

Love your photo, I'm enjoy it very much
thanks, hey, you got talent too.

ECL said...

Good thing you didn't have to dodge bullets in Compton. Watch your car though, don't park on the street too long in areas with less people. I nearly had my car stolen in Pasadena remember!!!

ECL said...

We need to see more photos of people in your blog!!!