Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 5: Mystery, Monterey and Carmel

There was a lot of driving involved today, but it was worth it. I wanted to hit three major areas: Santa Cruz, Monterey and Carmel. I started off at the Santa Cruz Mystery Spot, which is supposedly known for mysterious phenomenon. However, it basically consisted of a lot of tricks involving slopes and distances. This, in a way, took away from the mystery. Whether or not there really was something unnatural, I'm not quite convinced. It was a fun experience though, I would recommend going with a bunch of friends.

I didn't have much time to see Santa Cruz, so I missed the beaches and boardwalk. Instead, I went straight to Monterey Bay. The city was small but packed with stores and beautiful sights. It also contained an amazing aquarium.


The aquarium had a very beautiful jellyfish exhibit. It was amazing seeing these creatures up close. If there is anything that reminds me of aliens, it would be what lives deep in the ocean. I also saw the tuna that is used for sashimi and they are huge! Sea creatures are incredible.


Many have been concerned about the fires on HWY 1 and several areas are closed. I decided to visit Carmel now since I won't be able to travel along the entire length of HWY 1 between SJ and LA. Carmel is a very small town and has a fantastic view. I walked the entire length of the beach. The sand was incredibly fine and the weather was warm. It was a perfect day...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

First, let me say, Happy Fourth of July! Second, omg! Your pictures are amazing! My favorite is the jelly fish. Everything looks so beautiful. I am very jealous especially since the weather in Seattle is horrible. Did you take more pictures at the aquarium? :)

Unknown said...

amazing picture that you took,alien is beautiful, we miss you, thanks share the experience with us.

ECL said...

Cool pictures, looks like a nice day! Hope everything is going well there.

Everytime I spray my work outside I am attacked by bugs. It's crazy.

ECL said...

you must update!!!