Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 21: Cars, Huntington Beach and The Dark Knight

Saturday. This means Cars and Coffee again! I felt that last weeks turnout was a little better. But there were still a large amount of beautiful cars. I think going to these shows can make one spoiled. I posted some pictures of cars that made the turnout.


After the show, Mavis and I went to Huntington Beach aka Surf City. I can feel the surf culture the second we got close to the beach. They love it here. It was nice to see so many people outdoors enjoying the company of others. At Venice and Santa Monica, there were few surfers, maybe 10-15. Here at Huntington, there were at least 100. Not to mention, the US Open of surfing was going on as well. We saw some professional surfers, although I'm unfamiliar with their names, we could definitely tell they were darn good! The weather was overcast, but very pleasant.

Lunch was delicious spicy miso ramen from Santouka in the Mitsuwa Marketplace. The marketplace gave me an idea of what to expect from Japan. Great food and fun merchandise.

We quickly left for the Edwards Ontario IMAX theater for an afternoon showing of The Dark Knight. An hour and a half early and the line was already long. It was worth the wait. The movie was spectacular. It was everything I hoped it would be. The IMAX experience was quite unique. Many of the city shots and several action sequences were filmed in IMAX format, which meant it was hi-res and filled the whole screen. Amazing experience.

2 comments:

ECL said...

The noodles look so good!

SIM said...

Man you are hitting all parts of the California experience.

The movie was definitely fantastic and I can't wait to see it again.